Friday, January 15, 2010

Hello, World.

Becky = upside down
Heather = sunglasses

Hey everyone! Come Hither, Grandma is the spontaneous brainchild of Heather and I (Becky). Let me tell you a story about how this wonderful madness all came about.

Today, Heather and I had a much-needed girls’ day. We went to our favorite thrift store and were wandering the aisles, talking about nothing and everything all at once. Heather and her wonderful husband, Dave, have just purchased a house, and I made a comment about a piece of furniture that would go well into our so-called Trifecta House. Then Heather says, “Yeah, if we lived together, I think that we should take pictures of each others’ outfits and put them on a blog like everyday.” I respond with, “Heather… we could do that right now!” And thus was born the idea of our style blog. However, the problem of naming the blog arose. Heather and I had gone to a park nearby and were eating Nutella and bananas and talking to the ducks and decided to snap a few pictures of our outfits. Whilst the photography was taking place, Heather told me, “Give me your grandma bedroom eyes. Come hither, Grandma!” at which I screamed, “That’s it! That’s the name!”. And so Come Hither, Grandma was born.

Our aim? To provide you, the reader, with our outfits. Granted, there are days where we feel that pajamas are the only clothing allowed, or icky work days with icky work uniforms. But all other days are up for grabs! You may also find random insights into our minds, questions, comments, other peoples’ outfits – it’s a free-for-all. So get ready for the awesomeness that is about to rock your world. Outfit shots will be appearing over the weekend. See ya soon!


Becky (and Heather, in spirit)

2 comments:

  1. Wooow that pic is such a throwback! But a very good choice considering that the day it was taken just so happened to be part of the best four days of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, that's why I picked it! You just get me.

    ReplyDelete