Friday, January 15, 2010

Any Given Thursday


So, Thursday marked the beginning of our decision to photograph our outfits to share with the world. Just prior to this, we were thrifting and found a few thrift scores! 



Here is an artsy shot. In trying to find the right setting to capture the beautiful sunset (which, unfortunately, I never did), I ended up with this picture, and I thought it was downright cool.
 

I love to shoot from interesting angles, and I kind of like this angle. 



I also really love it when ladies with a lot of hair have it mussed all around their head, it's like a halo, but earthy. 



Unfortunately, this is a face that I make quite frequently. I love that my socks were aqua and my shoes fuschia. I did not realize it until I was looking at all of these pictures!



Here is another view of Heather's awesome purple-inspired outfit. Note the piece of straw in her boot, leftover from our frolic.



See! We did lots of frolicking. 



The lining of this jacket = love.



This is such a typical Heather pose! Check out her awesome sunglasses. Thrift score!



Here are my super awesome Lego man earrings. They are definitely crowd-pleasers; men especially dig them. I made them myself, from my little brother's Lego men. He still hasn't realized they've gone missing. 




This hooded scarf is another thrift score. Heather and I decided to go halfsies on it, because quite honestly, our lives would not be complete without it. Also, the sweet granny glasses were a thrift score. More about this when I divulge my fashion concept for spring 2010.






Our super cool duck friend! He was a little bit strange, but he liked eating pieces of our bananas. I salute you, cool duck friend. 



6 comments:

  1. This blog is definitely the best idea we've ever had!I'm gonna do a post in a little bit:) The pictures turned out amazing!
    some thoughts:
    pic 1: whenever I get some wedding attire made I want this look in some of the pics..I love that effect!
    Pic 2:I really like that angle.Let's keep it in mind for when we go back!
    pic 4: your sock/shoe colors is amazing! do it more often:)
    Oh AND! we should do outfit credits...like this jacket if by so-andso,pants by blankity blank,you know.You just KNOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Heather, best idea you guys ever had. I had no idea you guys were going to do this, very fun. here's a couple things:
    1. WHERE IS THIS? I need some tall grass like that for some shots of Owen I have in mind when it gets warmer.
    2. Becky, I'm not surprised by your shoe/sock combo, you've always done that, and its always awesome
    3. Heather, you are very photogenic, in fact both you ladies are. You guys wanna a modeling job? I need two females that could pass as seniors for my senior portrait add. And you can wear whatever you want because I need it to look fun and edgy anyways! We can go a bunch of fun places and get some fun shots! Let me know what you think and I'll give you more info on pay!
    4. ps- becky, what are the chances zach has some more lego men left?? Seth wants me to have some earings like that haha.

    Thanks for sharing guys!! LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Megan,
    1:It is at UAH,by the pond thing right at the Sparkman entrance.
    3:Why thank you! I see no reason why not!! I love the camera;)
    more to come soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan: of course I will model for you! And thanks. I love crazy sock combos!! Also, I could totally steal some more from zack when he's not looking. He's not the most observant kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, we had no idea we were going to do it either. It was very spur of the moment. Whenever we get together next, I'll have to snap a few pictures of you to appear on the blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah right!! I am one month post baby so I'm not attractive enough for the blog yet!! I don't get out of pjs very often! Once I'm fitting in cute clothes again THEN I'll appear haha!

    ReplyDelete