Friday, June 3, 2011

Make Me Dance, I Want to Surrender

Jill and I on a recent excursion to see a local band (Halo Stereo) play. We saw them together a few years ago and their sound is completely different now... I don't know how I feel about it.

The theme of our inventory night was "Groovy Nights" so I embraced this look with my super cool flower tattoo and John Lennon glasses.

It was a sundress and moscato sort of evening. Isn't Jill's dress adorable?

My two favorite brothers. We got fancy for a company dinner, and then walked around Bridge Street, eating ice cream and drinking beer until we got to see the new Pirates movie.

OPI's Vodka & Caviar. It's the best Russian Red out there.

Lately I have been really antsy about my life right now. This time of year always inspires wanderlust in me - I want to see the Great Pyramids and haggle with Balinese greengrocers and pretend to be a New Yorker when it is obvious that I am not a true urbanite. Thankfully, I can ease this wanderlust a little bit next week, because I am headed to Kansas City, MO! I've only been through the city once and I doubt I'll get to spend much time there now, but I am going to help Hannah Jones move and we are making a road trip out of it. It's quite spontaneous - right up my alley. I can't wait to take pictures and eat road trip food and listen to mix tapes and talk about everything. I miss taking spontaneous trips!

WATCHING: Game of Thrones, Wet Hot American Summer, Pirates of the Caribbean (twice!), Xmen: First Class. I have seen so many summer movies this year, which is odd because I usually try to avoid movies because it's hard to focus my attention for that long unless it is very captivating. I can't wait for Super 8 and the last Harry Potter!

READING: "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. Again. I've been in such a weird reading funk lately that I decided to read something that is thought-provoking but not overwhelmingly intellectual. You know, I gotta ease my way back in.

WEARING: Instead of boring you with my normal PJ's, I will tell you what I am going to wear tomorrow: new sundress, shades, and a big smile.

WANTING: for tomorrow to get here so that I can cook my favorite boys dinner, for Monday to be over with because it is going to be a 12 hour work day, for Wednesday to be here so that I can be leaving on a jet plane.

Have a good weekend!

-B

LISTENING: Belle & Sebastian's Write About Love on repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment