Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Brave New World

This is the southern view from my apartment about two weeks ago. The sky was so pretty, and the weather was so pleasant that I wanted to commemorate it forever.

How I spend my off days. I found a bag of little green army men for a $1 and all sorts of situations have happened since then! This was the epic battle I staged on my coffee table. The elephant candle holders are really the key to this battle.

My kitty Felix lounging in the afternoon sun. I love him so much! I am such a cat lady, but I don't care. If this cat were human, I'm pretty sure he would be my soulmate.

Vain self portrait. Don't judge me, but I was feeling hot that day (literally, it was 90 degrees!) and those occasions only happen rarely.

Summertime.

A tiger lily that my great-grandmother planted at my parents house, making it THAT much more special.

Ginger, my dog. She's getting old, but she still has spunk.

And she will melt your heart with her big brown eyes. Even if she's done something completely frustrating (like shredding a cardboard box into miniscule pieces all over the garage), she'll look at me with those big eyes and I'll be like, "Fine... I'll let you slide this once!"

Kitty brothers, Felix and Oscar (I love the Odd Couple). They like to sleep wrapped around each other and give each other baths when they aren't running up and down the stairs.

A wonderful view of the mountains out on a road the other day. It's views like this that makes me happy to be alive.

Another mountain view.

The view on the road when I came home from my 15.5 hour shift the other day. It was 5am, I was exhausted, but seeing these colors made me feel like it was completely worth it to work that long just so that I could see that sight.

The moon and the sunrise :-)

I'm hoping to have my Rebel operational again soon so that I can start taking better quality pictures and get more outfit pictures. I don't want to forever subject you to poor quality cell phone pictures!

Last night I got to hang out with one of my favorite people in the world after work, Megan. After breaking her foot, she was housebound for a month. She recently has become more mobile and we celebrated with Pizza Hut, my couch, and watching Black Swan. The movie was awesome, by the way. Megan and I agreed that we ache to dance again. Plus, Natalie Portman can't go wrong in my opinion, and the psychological aspect of the movie was also great to me. I'm really glad I didn't watch this movie with my mom, though - it would be a little awkward during her famous scene with Mila Kunis. Tomorrow is my off day this week, so I am planning to catch up on my Netflix viewing and then have Lasagna Night with my old college buds! I can't wait.

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment