Friday, July 23, 2010

The Past and Pending

World, meet my babies. These are the Converses that have been with me for about 8 or 9 years now. Note the dirt, band signatures, holes, etc. I finally took them to a cobbler...


and he gave me new soles! I'm so happy that my darlings have many years left in them again. By the way, if you are in Huntsville and need your shoes repaired, go see JT. He is amazing and I love him. I think we're kindred spirits.
Casual outfit - LOLcats shirt, shorts, sunglasses, flats.

A little dressier.
This is a cameo mother of pearl ring that I got in Italy. I love it! I usually stay away from bulky rings, but this one spoke to me.

Purple satin shoes from Target for a mere $5.

My awful sunburn. Here's to falling asleep in the sun before reapplying sunscreen. My legs were burnt to a crisp, too - yuck.
Simple grandparents house outfit - I get so fashionably lazy there.
This may be my favorite part of summer in the South - fresh fruit. It is exactly as good as it looks.

Peaches are probably my favorite summer time food. Here are some Chilton County peaches, famous throughout the South for being amazing.

Also, I can't visit the grandparents without going to my favorite barbeque joint. Maybe I'm a redneck, but I appreciate good barbeque when I can find it.
BANANA PUDDING! A grandma specialty. She loves me :-)
That's right. 106 degrees Farenheit. WAY TOO HOT.
My outfit today!

Listening: David Bowie, Neil Young, old The Shins - I've been in a world of ups and downs the last few weeks, so my music has to be pretty chill in order to keep me down to earth.


reading: "Stripped" by Bernadette Barton, which is a really interesting sociological look at strippers and what societal impacts have on their psyche, "Haunted" by Chuck Palahniuk, the latest issue of Glamour, because sometimes when you're poolside you have to have a bit of light reading.


watching: "The Reader" - which is amazing, and covered a lot of concepts that I dealt with in some of my papers for my Nazi history class in the spring. Oh, and I finally got around to watching "Slumdog Millionare" and I finally realize why it was such a hit!


wearing: navy blue crew neck tshirt that is a thousand years old, grey twill skirt that I wear a lot, a thrifted mens belt, flower bobby pin, flippy floppies, and a gold dangly necklace. Basically the last outfit.


wanting: to clear up some emotional garbage! Every time that I think my life is clear and simple, some aspect of it becomes inexplicably complicated. Maybe I just think about things too much, or I know too many people which creates problems in itself. I need to be a better friend! Also, on a more trivial level, I want to see Inception.


plans of the day: Well, it's 7pm at the moment. I've already made the car trek home from my grandparents' house and eaten dinner with family that was in town. I think tonight I will be seeing a few friends but hopefully nothing rambunctious.

3 comments:

  1. 1)Your babies look so happy now!
    2)I really dig that 2nd outfit a LOT
    3)What's wrong?:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing major, just an existential crisis or two. We'll catch up on our Tuesday coffee date. Wear something cute ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLZ to the YAY! Except that,ya know, existential crisis' are baaad, mmk.

    ReplyDelete