Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste


Hello, lovelies! My irregular posting schedule should come as no shock to anyone these days - I'm a bit of a procrastinator when it comes to blogging. The most exciting thing that has happened in between posts is that I got a haircut! Bangs and a little lightening, due to urging from my hairdresser. She was right, as always - blondes do have more fun!


I never wear hair accessories because my hair is really thick and usually they just get stuck. But I felt frisky and wore my butterfly clip the other day!


I love these shoes, but I was too lazy to buckle them just yet.


The charming, preschooler-esque scrape I have from falling into a hole in the yard. Clumsy? Yes.

I look a little bug-eyed crazy, but this is a better shot of the new hair!

An awesome Alice in Wonderland pin that one of my dearest friends (Sheena! Shout out to you, girl!) brought me back from Bonnaroo. I am DEFINITELY going to Bonnaroo next year!

Pre-haircut earring post.



My fashion motto for summer 2010: "It's too hot to wear pants." Of course, I have to wear pants to my job as a corporate slave, but in my downtime I have really been trying to make skirts and dresses work for me. Plus, with the new haircut, I feel very 1950's glamour girl, and so I have been trying to include that element in my style as of late. It's working out pretty well for me so far.

Snapshot:

Reading: "Strip City", a book about a woman who strips her way across the U.S. for a year, "Sophie Scholl and the White Rose", because I love Nazi history and especially the courage of the Scholls, and everyone's Facebook updates, because I like to stay informed.

Watching: "Breakfast at Tiffany's" again, "Beerfest" (I am ashamed to admit this one - I feel like I wasted too much of my life), and re-runs of "Friends", which never gets old. Oh, and also, my summer slipping away.

Wearing: Olive green deep V neck from Target and some heather grey workout shorts, also from Target. In my defense, I have to go to work later and could really care less about being cute while I'm just hanging out in my house.

Wanting: to become a bartender, to graduate school, to move out, to figure my life out, to have this glorious rainy day not be ruined by work.

Plans of the Day: get ready for work, go to work, sell Yuppies who think they have wonderfully witty comments overpriced coffee products, and then the night is mine :-)

2 comments:

  1. 1) I like your hairs,you must take me to your person sometime.
    2)it makes me happy to see dresses and skirts be embraced.
    3)we need to do a fun shoot again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment on my blog! your new haircut REALLY suits you, i hope it's easy to maintain.

    ReplyDelete