Wednesday, May 25, 2011

An Update on 21 Before 22

With my 22nd birthday less than 3 months away, I thought I might update you on the progress of my list!

21 Before 22
1. Go to Austin, TX.
2. Attempt to cook at least one meal a week for myself.
3. Become a fancier dresser (this is a vague goal, but I'm sure it involves more dresses and fewer sweatpants).
4. Sew a dress for myself.
5. Go to a brewery.
6. Go to Savannah, GA (plans are underway for this one!).
7. Host a cocktail party.
8. Go to a salsa dance lesson.
9. Watch Casablanca, as an adult.
10. Drink more Gatorade.
11. Buy coffee from Kaffeklatch.
12. Use cash more often; don't rely on my debit card as often.
13. Create my own blog (check, more of a hostile takeover of the old one!) (check).
14. Buy an expensive pair of shoes.
15. Devote an entire day to reading (check).
16. Visit Hannah Jones in Auburn (check).
17. Paint my nails more often.
18. Take at least one spontaneous night time walk (check).
19. Wear red lipstick with no other makeup (check).
20. Cook dinner for friends (check).
21. Tattoo (check).

It appears that some of the things on my list are not going to be attainable, unfortunately. My ambitious plans to go to Savannah, GA were unexpectedly thwarted. My bestie and I were planning a trip for early May, but the week before we were going to take off, she broke her foot! Plus, she is preggo, so there is no way she could travel with her foot and stay comfortable. This is a bummer, but that just means that whenever we DO get to take a besties trip, she will be able to have full participation (AKA she will be able to walk AND drink beer!). This is a desire that will probably carry over to next year's list.



I also don't think I will make it to Austin, TX. No one is really that keen on visiting with me, and also most of my friends' financial situations are not conducive to traveling that far. Austin is ~14 hours from my hometown, and so it's not that easy to just jet off into the night and arrive in a new city, since we all have priorities these days like work. Boo. I still want to see Austin, though.

Another one that is destined to fail? Drinking more Gatorade. I used to love Gatorade when I was younger, and actually attempted to drink more earlier this year in an effort to check this item off the list, but I just can't do it. Unless I am truly dehydrated, I don't like it anymore. It's too salty, and plus it's not good for you if you have not been doing something to deplete your electrolytes. Blech. Somethings just change with the times.

Everything else I don't want to rule out until August 9th rolls around, because I am gradually making progress on the other things on my list. Expect a big wins/losses post when that day rolls around!

-B

3 comments:

  1. I would totes love to go to Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we go? Oh please oh please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously think some planning should occur for this. I'm not even kidding, austin is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete