Sunday, July 31, 2011

I'm Just Waiting 'til the Shine Wears Off

Hello kids! I finally got settled into the new place. Life is starting to return to normal - although I don't have a couch anymore. That's a little abnormal. But other than that, the new place is rockin'. It's the dog days of summer here, and relief from the heat is not even in sight. However, I've been doing everything in my power to stay cool, even if that means drinking a lot of iced tea and wearing dresses (the sacrifices!).


A night of drinks at the VooDoo Lounge encourages me to be silly.

Three different kinds of summer berries! I was in heaven.

So I cut them up and ate them, and they were delicious. Note the avocado in the picture: that's right, the love affair continues and gets deeper everyday.

The three compartment sink at work. I took a picture one day because it seems like some days, this is all I see.

Tiny tea tins that my grandma gave me when I was a little girl. I was always fascinated by her tea tins and so she finally gave me those. I love them still!

View on my way to see Jill!

WATCHING: The Adventures of Pete & Pete, seasons 1 & 2. Exclusively. Also, I saw Cowboys & Aliens over the weekend and loved it.

READING: "This Side of Paradise" by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Secret: I've been stuck trying to read this book for two weeks because in the summer it feels too hot to read.

LISTENING: awesome '90s mix someone made me, Coldplay, the Black Keys.

WEARING: teal cotton dress, black flip flops, silly jewelry.

WANTING: My own personal Artie (the Strongest Man in the World), the weather to be about 20 degrees cooler, to get a 2nd job, for my beach vacation to hurry up and get here! It's 3 weeks away but that may as well be 3 years away. Geez.

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment