Wednesday, August 10, 2011

21 before 22 - the Results

A cup of coffee makes the morning bearable.

Pretty rainbow after a storm.

A wonderful illustration from "The Savoy Cocktail Guide." Love.

Here is my 21 before 22 recap. Overall, I think I was rather successful.

21 Before 22
1. Go to Austin, TX.
Fail - although I really wanted to (and still want to), it just never worked out.
2. Attempt to cook at least one meal a week for myself.
Win! I have been experimenting with different recipes and I kind of love cooking - it chills me out.
3. Become a fancier dresser (this is a vague goal, but I'm sure it involves more dresses and fewer sweatpants).
Fail - I spent most of my time in a uniform.
4. Sew a dress for myself.
Fail. Not even close!
5. Go to a brewery.
Fail. Although I did spend time researching breweries, I never found what I wanted. I was hoping to find a brewery that I could tour and learn about beer while also being able to sample that wasn't a million miles away.
6. Go to Savannah, GA.
Fail. I came really close, and Megan and I were actually all on board to go ahead with our vacation - babysitters were worked out and everything - but then she broke her foot the week before so it didn't work out.
7. Host a cocktail party.
Depends on your definition of cocktail party... plenty of people have had cocktails at my house while partying, but there was never a formal cocktail party.
8. Go to a salsa dance lesson.
Fail. I wish!
9. Watch Casablanca, as an adult.
Fail. I just couldn't do it.
10. Drink more Gatorade.
Fail, once I realized that I hate the salty taste unless I'm sick!
11. Buy coffee from Kaffeklatch.
I haven't yet. But I still plan on doing it.
12. Use cash more often; don't rely on my debit card as often.
Success! Unfortunately, I also discovered that using cash makes me spend more, therefore it is probably better that I do not use cash as frequently.
13. Create my own blog.
Success! More of a hostile takeover of the old one!
14. Buy an expensive pair of shoes.
Fail. I just couldn't justify it.
15. Devote an entire day to reading.
Great success.
16. Visit Hannah Jones in Auburn.
Also a great success.
17. Paint my nails more often.
Success! I love the grown-up look that nail polish provides, it's just difficult to maintain since my job requires me to deal with liquids frequently.
18. Take at least one spontaneous night time walk.
The most memorable was with a friend and we had late night talks... but it was totally worth the lack of sleep.
19. Wear red lipstick with no other makeup.
Success! The bold and the beautiful.
20. Cook dinner for friends.
Back during the cold days of winter, I went to Cody and Tyler's house and cooked us a steak dinner with potatoes and green beans, and it was amazing!
21. Tattoo.
I got something that I had really wanted and I still love. More additions to the collection are forthcoming, when finances allow it.

Stay tuned for my 22 before 23 list! I'm still working on it. :-)

-B


No comments:

Post a Comment